Dr. Kimberly Orr
- Education –
Dr. Orr attended NC State University and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Biological Sciences in 2010. She also obtained minors in Spanish and nutrition. She then went on to Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN to obtain her doctorate in Optometry. She graduated in 2014 with Cum Laude honors.
- Specialty/Expertise –
- Primary Care Optometry, Family Optometry/Pediatrics.
- When did you know that you wanted to be an optometrist –
- I started looking into the profession when I was a junior in high school. I have always been fascinated by color vision, how the eyes work, and how glasses can significantly improve vision. I wanted to be in a profession where I could watch kids grow up and be a part of multiple generations in a family. Growing up, my personal eye doctor saw 3 generations in my family, and I thought that was very rewarding.
- Favorite part of being an optometrist
- I love the instant gratification of helping patients see better with glasses and contacts. Vision is such an important and vital sense, and knowing that I get to help people improve their day-to-day activities means the world.
- Favorite vacation –
- I absolutely love the Boone/Blowing Rock area. The mountains are my happy place, and I will take advantage of any time I can escape there to relax and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Honestly, though, I love to travel the world.
- Favorite concert you’ve been to –
- Do you have any pets –
- I have a pet dog named Bowen. He is an American Eskimo and Chow mix who’s definitely spoiled (as he should be).